Issues facing HCC
- Low Student Enrollment
- Campus Improvements
- Revenue for Budget
- Quality Educational Classes
Charlene will advocate for:
- Campus success by working with the faculty and the community
- Increasing student enrollment by marketing and recruitment
- Higher learning Opportunities for both the young and older generations
- More community engagement to keep the community involved
- Ethical Procurement processes by being more transparent
- Increased funding for Campus repairs
Charlene feels Board members have the fiscal and ethical responsibility to support and advocate the mission of HCC. They must be accountable to the concerns of the people. The Board has the duty to ensure the tax dollars are being allocated for resources appropriately to their campuses.
Charlene's years of board experience, corporate career, and commitment to higher education is the type of representation the community needs. Charlene will listen to what the community needs and respond.